HAVE YOU UNCONSCIOUSLY SHED TEARS WHEN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING, AND WHY?
Yes, of course, I have. We can unconsciously shed tears under notably different circumstances. Some are joyful tears, some are lamented tears. Tears are not only mere liquid from our eyes but also miraculous drops from our hearts (I just put this metaphorically here). When we look at a person we love (a loved one, a member of your family, a friend,..), things we fancy (pencil collections, drawings, Iines in a film, photos,…), we can either shed tears or fight back tears when we feel compassionate or remorseful. It might go beyond scope of this question or perhaps divert a fair bit, some people use tears as their tools to fight against someone else. We often know tears like that are “crocodile tears”. They pretend to cry, but the bottom of their heart is the opposite.
I returned home to visit my family 6 months ago. When I gazed into space for a few seconds, I then looked at the faces of the people in my family. All of a sudden, I shed tears which I did not even know I was crying. It was due to the fact that I contemplated my life and looked at the wrinkles of my parents and my seventh aunt. I knew that they were older and older when time went by. I told myself at that time that I had to take the responsibilities to take care of them. I would say that it was a bittersweet moment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saigon,
03/08/2021,
Stephen A. Howard,

Comments
Post a Comment