MIRTH AND A FOUNTAIN OF DELIGHT

The longing for infinitude and perfection is latent in this life. I was wondering when I could reach the confines of life. No matter how distant and dim memories are, my heart and my mind are aglow with the fountain of delight.

I was in the anguish of realising that my heart could not be grasped by you in some moments. At that time, you asked me whether you were one of the friends of my soul or not. I smiled and replied, "Yes, well and truly." I love nothing better than the state of being with you in the middle of nowhere. I know absolutely nothing about the universe. Nevertheless, the only thing I know is that the universe for us lies in the thread binding two souls.
You are not my lover, but my friend - friend of my soul. A relationship blossomed when we first met. It's not a romantic or sexual, but a platonic relationship. Thank you for lending a sympathetic ear when I have problems or even when my sky is grey. That's the thing that I am indebted to you in this life - I would say.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sai Gon,
31/05/2021,
Stephen A. Howard



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIARY OF STEPHEN 3

METICULOUS

DIARY OF STEPHEN 5