GREEN - THE COLOUR OF MY STORY
I was obsessed with green just by collecting green things when I was a little boy. My mother once said: "If one day you chose someone to fall in love with, I supposed that you would choose a person with green skin." I did not know whether to laugh or cry at that time. I have been a green colour enthusiast for donkey's years (~ a very long time). Retrospectively, the crayon I chose for my first picture was green. A leafy garden abounds with lush trees and grass. In that picture, some played marbles on the ground, others sat on the greensward if my memory serves me right. Personally, I am simply a "green colour drunkard". Green has the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand it.
I was blissfully happy when I returned home. My verdant countryside is full of massive trees and brilliantly-coloured flowers. Although it was terribly cold in the morning, I myself had to wake up early to pick up some fruits for my aunt to sell. Sunlight filtered through mango trees and the wind whistled through pomelo trees in the garden. Leaves glistened in the early morning dew. I spent my morning meandering around the winding muddy roads through country fields. Fleeing the big cities in search of rural idyll can be worthwhile and liberating. You can get away from the daily grind and set out on your journey in the quest for luscious landscapes.
Green is not only a colour of nature but also the primary colour of my soul. Why did I say that? It lighted up some dark corners by planting an awful lot of seeds on my barren realm-soul. Pure love and pleasant thoughts seem to burgeon, which can harmonise with rationality.
17/02/2021,
Stephen. A. H,
Picture: collected from Pinterest

Comments
Post a Comment