VENICE - A FANTASTIC TRIP IN ITALY

I remember having many exceedingly pleasant journeys when I was young, and I seemed engrossed in long trips. Frequent travels help me to be more mature with valuable experience every day. Going abroad is to regenerate me in another life, in a different region, with a distinct lifestyle. At the age of 22, I have good health and a world of opportunity at my feet, so I have travelled abroad. Venice was my first destination in Italy.


I bought a plane ticket to Venice when I had enough money to travel. I could not imagine myself in a beautiful place like this. Venice is a city located in northeastern Italy and the metropolis of the Veneto region. It is on the group of 118 small islands with an intricate canal system. Hence, Venice has gained popularity with the name called City of Canals. I wandered through winding streets in Burano, which is one of the small islands surrounding Venice. This island is well-known for colourful buildings, picturesque canals, renowned Burano lace. I began to look around and realized that this is an ideal place to come. Then I purchased some souvenirs for my parents and my significant other in Vietnam. After that, I hired a gondola to spot breathtaking canals under tender sunshine of the Mediterranean climate. A gondola trip often lasts for forty minutes. Everything blended like a sweet palette as if it had been obvious here.

I wondered vaguely why houses here had been so colourful when I was sitting on the gondola. Because I was slightly curious, I asked an Italian young man who was rowing my boat about that. He said that the locals had tended to paint their houses in different colours to attract many tourists and to keep youthful colours of their home. He went on to say that the bright colours also helped the locals to see and find their own house from the sea after they got drunk.

He added that Venice had been a city of lovers. It was really romantic and surprisingly delicate. Viewing from a distance, I saw some senior people walking on the street. Perhaps they visited their friends or neighbours. Suddenly, I smiled at them, and they smiled back warmly. I thought that my journey was full of tremendous excitement and exciting people.

I had a special occasion to engage in a long conversation with two native people. They were a married couple for a long time. They told me many stories about their young, their love and especially Venice – the picturesque place in their heart. The gentleman began to calmly tell one of the most unforgettable memories when he was young. 

"It was almost Valentine's Day, but there was no joy on the face of two young people. Just when all seems lost, I began to heal a rift. I tried to speak to my wife so many times and explain everything because we completely misunderstood each other. Eventually, she replied that she had loved me so much and had been willing to live with me for the rest of her life in Venice. Then I decided to propose marriage to her with the outstanding bravery. She accepted, we officially married. Up to now, we have lived here for thirty years."

Through a seemingly simple story of them, I thought in my mind that I should respect something and
someone that is always there for me at my worst. Next, I asked the lady if she had had a son or a daughter. She told me she had had a daughter in Milan and a son in Rome. I went on to ask her whether she felt sad when she lived here. She just smiled and told me whether there was something more beautiful than living with the person she loved in the perfect place like Venice. They invited me to have dinner with them and sleep in their house. I accepted. I enjoyed some food, especially seafood. I thanked them for that good night. Before leaving, I did not forget to say good. I took a photo with them in front of their green house. I considered that was truly memorable on my journey in Venice.

The next day I took a waterbus (Vaporetto – a boat is the same a bus on the water used for moving one island to another or town in Venice) to go to Piazza San Marco, which is the most important public square of Venice attracting many tourists. I stood in line to wait for visiting Basilica di San Marco. Then I walked around, looked at some gondolas floating on the water, paid more attention to the store crafting glass masks. Later, I had a look at the canals and realized that there had been a bridge – Ponticello dei Sighs. I asked a local girl about the information on this bridge. I could hear interesting stories very clearly from her sweet voice. All of the stories are somewhat romantic.

I took numerous photos in Venice, especially Burano, and posted on Facebook and Instagram. Many pictures with rainbow colours of houses made my page more colourful. After I had visited Venice, I continued to go to Rome. Then new stories were about to be revealed. 

04/12/2020

Stephen. A. H








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIARY OF STEPHEN 3

METICULOUS

DIARY OF STEPHEN 5